Lean Business Planning, the book, is available as either ebook or physical book on Amazon.com. A free ebook version tailored to LivePlan is available here free. And you can also just do it here, on this website.
At Amazon.com free to borrow, or buy it for $3.79 …
You choose: $3.79 for the Kindle version, $7.95 for the physical book. If you are a Kindle Unlimited subscriber, you can read it free.
Or Download the Free LivePlan-specific version
- Click here to download the free LivePlan-specific version of the Lean Business Planning book (for users of LivePlan … the mainstream version is generic, not software specific. The LivePlan version shows examples in LivePlan.)
What You Will Learn from This Book
- A simple powerful easy way to get what you want from your business. Any business, existing, startup, or in the planning stage.
- Use it to stay focused, grow faster, and adjust quickly to change. Set expectations and track results.
- Use it to review and revise regularly to simplify and watch the important milestones.
- Know when to stick to the plan, when to change it, and how to tell the difference.
- Learn how to easily forecast sales, expenses, and cash flow, and how to manage ongoing results.
- Set priorities for long term and manage steps in the short term.
“By Far the Best Business Planning Book Out There”
Lean Business Planning is a simple but powerful way to get what you want from your business. Get focused, grow faster, and adjust to change. A lean business plan is an easy and practical way to align strategy, tactics, milestones, assumptions, and essential cash flow without the fuss of a full business plan.
It’s not a business plan document. It’s just bullet points and lists and tables. Keep it short and review and revise monthly in just an hour or so. It’s planning that matters, the process – not the plan.
Easy Ways to Summarize Strategy and Tactics
The Lean Business Planning book includes easy ways to summarize strategy and tactics to remind you and visualize strategic alignments. It explains how to set review schedules, milestones, and performance tracking and measurement. Look here for step-by-step explanations, with lots of examples, of how to develop a sales forecast and expense budget, and how to plan real cash flow. It also covers how to review and revise the plan every month, what to look for, how to pull in your team, how to decide when to stick to a plan and when to change it.
For All Business Owners, Entrepreneurs, and Startups
It’s for all business owners, entrepreneurs, and startups. Apply the power of lean startups and lean manufacturing to simple daily management including task responsibilities, measurement, expectations, and getting the right things done. It’s not about a business plan document. No need to include long texts, summaries, or descriptions. Just focus on tasks, milestones, by whom, when, and why, and how much money it takes.
Its author is the world’s leading expert on business planning, not just a consultant or academic, but an entrepreneur who bootstrapped his own company to multi-million sales, was a co-founder of another company that went public, and advises multiple startups and small businesses. And he’s a Stanford MBA and angel investor.
Experts Agree …
- “Think you don’t need a business plan? Think again! Tim Berry brings business planning into the 21st century, marrying the real need for a plan with today’s “lean” thinking. The result? Truly the last book on business plans you’ll ever need.” – Rieva Lesonsky, president/CEO of growbiz media, author of best-seller Start Your Own Business
- “This is by far the best business planning book out there. Every entrepreneur should be forced to read its section on cash flow. It tells you when to stick to the plan and when to change it!” Barry Moltz, Radio show host, blogger, speaker, author of ‘Getting Unstuck’
- “Forget the old-fashioned business plan. It’s not just for startups, or investors; it’s to run your business better. Faster, easier, more focused, and quicker to change. Tim Berry’s Lean Business Planning is a methodology, not just a plan. It’s about getting the right things done. A must for every business owner and startup.” – Susan Solovic, THE small business expert, NYT best-selling author
- “If you’re serious about really running a business, you need this book. It’s about getting what you want from your business, getting the right things done, and adjusting quickly to change. Forget the old-fashioned business plan. This is faster, easier, and better. And you’ll be grateful for using this proven system” – Melinda Emerson “SmallBizLady.” Bestselling author, Become Your Own Boss in 12 Months, 2nd edition
Click here for more expert reviews. See what Jim Blasingame, Barbara Welton, John Jantsch, Joel Libava and other experts say about this important new book.